TEYL CERTIFICATE COURSE
ASSIGNMENT TWO - Teaching Essentail Components of the Language
After you have read through lessons 6-11, complete
questionnaire below. When you have answered all the questions,
click on SUBMIT at the bottom of the page. Your assignment will
be sent directly to us.
QUESTIONNAIRE - Lessons 6-11
1. Why is it essential to use pictures when
teaching young children?
2. What is the controversy of Phonics
versus Whole Language Learning about?
3. Why does it matter if a young child can
4. What are six steps for spelling new
5. How can you use flash cards to teach
children new sounds and words?
6. How can parents help teachers of slow
7. Explain the statement "The more a child
connects to what he reads, the stronger his understanding of the
8. Why is reading aloud to children
considered as the single most important activity for building the knowledge
required for success in reading?
9.What types of books should you read and
discuss with young children?
10. Please expand on the statement "Talk is an essential part of communicating, thinking, and
11. How does reading aloud help to develop
speaking ability in young learners?
12. List six or more short speaking
activities you could include in a young classroom.
13. How could you include drama as a
14. List several reasons to let children
write their own stories.
15. As a teacher, why should you read as
many children's books as you possibly can?
16. What can you do to avoid boring young
students while teaching them new words?
17. How does a 'Grafitti Wall'
Once you have answered the questions and read them over, please click ONLY ONCE on 'Submit' below. Your responses will be sent immediately to us. We recommend that you print off a hard copy of your responses (or save them on your computer) in case we do not receive your submission and also for your own future reference. You may then continue to the next lesson.
As with many institutes, we do not grade assignments. The instructor will contact you to acknowledge receipt of your assignment. It will be judged 'satisfactory' or 'in progress'. In the latter case, the instructor will discuss with you what needs to be done to bring it up to the 'satisfactory' level.
You may continue on to the next
section whenever you are ready. You do not have to wait to hear from your